Recent Research Themes: AQUEOUS GEOCHEMISTRY AND GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY
- Quantifying rates and mechanisms of weathering of the Earth’s surface
- Experimental measurement and interpretation of mineral dissolution/precipitation rates
- CO2 sequestering and role of chemical weathering on global CO2 cycles
- Modeling of extent and consequences of diffusive/dispersive/advective transport of chemical species in surface, ground water, diagenetic, and metamorphic systems.
- Experimental characterization of radioactive and stable isotope fractionation during fluid-mineral interactions.
- Quantifying the global cycles of the elements
- The chemistry and management of global resources